Diclofenac (Voltarol) is a widely used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) prescribed for inflammation and pain. You can buy Diclofenac from our partner pharmacy with a prescription approved and issued by our doctor.
Is Diclofenac suitable for me?
Diclofenac is not suitable for everyone. Diclofenac may cause life-threatening heart or circulation problems , especially if you use it long term. Do not use diclofenac just before or after heart bypass surgery (coronary artery bypass graft, or CABG). It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking. In particular, you must tell the doctor if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have stomach ulcers or bleeding
- You have and bleeding or blood clotting disorders
- You have asthma or other allergies
- You have high blood pressure
- You have ever had blood disorders
- You have had a heart attack or any heart of circulation condition
- You have liver or kidney problems
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to any NSAID
- You have the inflammatory condition known as lupus (SLE)
How should I take Diclofenac?
Our pharmacy provides diclofenac as tablets, slow-release tablets and as suppositories. You should take this medicine exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist. Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information.
What are Diclofenac side effects?
Diclofenac side-effects include:
- easy bruising or bleeding
- feeling sick, stomach pain
- stomach pain
- no appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice
- face swelling
- influenza like symptoms
- frequent or painful urination, or cloudy urine
- back pain
- sudden unexplained increase in weight
- rapid or uneven heartbeat
- skin problems like hives, blisters or a rash